Tuesday 21 June 2011

For those of you who don't know my name is Nelson Joseph Pacey, I'm and 18yr UK citizen and i'm currently on gap year.While on my gap year I worked at Primark for several months to raise money for university next year but  then one day on a whim i decided to quit my job and go to Japan for 3 months since I had the spare time and have dreamed of going to Japan for the past few years due to my love of their culture and animation.

During this trip I will cycling around Japan ALONE as i decided this was the cheapest and the best way to exlpore the country.Hopfully this will add more to the experience of being in Japan. I have only planned the route I shall be taking and not were i will staying each night so I hope their are plenty of hostels with free rooms. or a nice place to camp.

Now back to present were I only have 14 hours till I will be a plane going towards Japan! Where I will begin my journey cycling around Japan! Here is a map which shows roughly the route that I shall be cycling from Fukuoka to my target Wakkanai (northern most point of Japan) and then cycling back down  to Fukuoka.


So far I have spend the past day packing my stuff at the last minute and have found out that I'am 5kg over weight limit for which British airways will charge £40 for this. Which is annoying and I'm still under prepared so will have to buy most of the gear that I'm missing while I'am in Japan. I just hope BA dosen't lose my bike as i do not want to have to buy another one of those.

For those of you that are interested here are my flight details


Heathrow Terminal 5, Flight BA005 departing 13:25 June 22nd 2011
Arriving at Narita 09:05 June 23rd 2011

I then have a 6 hour break to my next flight

Narita (Tokyo) Terminal 2, Flight JL3053 departing 15:25 June 23rd 2011
Arriving at Fukuoka 17:25 June 23rd 2011

From the airport I plan to find some random hotel and were I shall stay the night. So thats it! My next post will be when I'm in Japan and I cab find a free  computer at the hotel or at an internet cafe.




1 comment: