Wednesday 13 July 2011

Kyoto to Numazu

Photos here.



Kyoto to Hikone - About 2km away from Tokyo my rear tyres valve snapped in half for some unkown reason which caused me to crash into the barricade due to the sudden deflation of the reat tyre. Im just lucky that there was a barricade separting me from the cars or it could of been alot worse. So since the valve snapped I had to replace the inner tube which did not take long but I had forgotten to adjust the rear brakes so they actually worked after I put the tyre back in which come to ahunt me shortly after when I has going down hill and the cyclist ahead of me came to a halt so he could cross the road. So I pulled my brake levers which made me relize only the front brakes were working and since they alone would not be enough to stop me I crashed into his rear tyre whichc caused it to bent and my bike was left undamaged. Since the his wheel had bent and a crack had appeared I offered to take his bike to a bike shop to be repaired but since their was none locally we fixed the bike so at least the wheel would turn and he could walk it home and I gave me 1500¥for the repairs.

Lucky the rest of the jounrey turned out fine and I arrived at Hikone castle which was amazing! looked alot better than Himeji in my view.



Hikone to Inuyama - Another hot sunny day which made it a slow journey to Inuyama castle. The castle was not as good as Hikone but unlike hiknone they did not block off the walk way which goes around the top floor and showed some amazing views.

Since I had spent too much time visiting Inuyama castle I did not have enough time to go to Nagoya which I had orginally intended so I spent the night in Inuyama.

Inuyama to Toyohashi - Along my way to Nagoya the screw which attachs the front rack to the bicycle snapped in half which meant I had to walk my bicycle to a bicycle store to get a replacement screw (my spare screws seemed to have gone missing). This occupied my most of my day as I had a long way to walk and it took time to find a bicycle shop so I ended arriving in Toyohashi around 7pm.



Toyohashi to Hamamatsu - Decicided I would have a short Journey of 40km  today after yesterdays long day rather than the intended 110km to Hamamstsu. The day ended just being really boring as their was nothing to do in Hamamstu at all so I spent the day in the hotel.



Hamamatsu to Shimada - A 70km jounrey which turned out to be a real pain since 18km away from the city their was a large mountain range and had numerous roads going through it. I ended going along 2-3km for 3 different routes to find out they wouldnt allow bicycles to go anoher further due to expressway or tunnel which meant I had to take the longest route alon the coast which did have some nice views.

Shimada to Numazu - Nothing happened here really other than my shoes being torn apart half way along the jounrey which meant I had to buy new shoes in Numazu and the shops biggest size was a 9 and im a 10 so I ended up with shows too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment