Saturday 23 July 2011

Numazu to Shirakawa. I will visit a maid cafe eventually!

Photos are here
WIll upload photos from mito ti Nikko overnight.

Numazu to Hiratsuka - To get to hiratsuka their was only one path which went over mt hakone (850m high).which was so exhausting to cycle up the mountain that in the end I gave up cycling half way and walked my bike to the top. Once I reached the top and I was met with an amazing view of Lake Asashi I decided not to walk not Lake Asahi or visit its shrines since it involed alot of hiking which I kinda hate doing. So I went straight to Hiratsuka and met Jiro who was a fellow cyclist along the way who even offered to let me stay at his house but I had already mad a reservation at a hotel so unfortunatly I could stay at his house.

Hiratsuka to Kawasaki - Was went to cyle to Tokyo but the road kept becoming annoying as it kept denying cyclists access on parts of the road so I decicded to rest in kawasaki were the worlds shortest escalator lived! But to my disappointment when I arrived the escalator was out of order....


Kawasaki to Tokyo - Very short jounrey which gave me alot of time to wander around tokyo after I had checked into the hostel were I visited the local temples and in the afternoon I found out that a festival was to take place that day a road near Ueno station. So I spent the rest of the day enjoying the festival which was brilliant at the start but later on the dancing begun which was very good but they kept on performing the dance to the people on the opposite of the road were the rich people sat and this fat, perverted old man sat. (someone famous I think gave a speech and kept getting up and talking to the dancers) which was very annoying. Then one the way back to the hostel I found an amazing tokayaki stand! loved the staff! loved the food! so I ended going their for the next 3 days.

The next day I visited the the imperial gardens and tokyo tower! Which is stupidly expensive so I only went the main platform (150m high) and not the highest platform as it cost more and thier was an hour wait. While at tokyo tower at the FamilyMart at the base they were selling some lemonade with fullmetal alchemist keyrings! So I bought 2 bottles and their keyrings and then began searching the rest of tokyo for family marts which had the other 4 characters. In the end I only found 3 and im still searching for the last one, I WILL FIND YOU WENDY!


Last day in Tokyo and I went to Shibuya, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro were I decided to watch Harry Potter and my hope of the movie being different from the book and having voldermort live and Harry die vanished...When exiting the cinema though I found a large book shop were I bought several manga to cheer me up. In the afternoon I went to Akihabara which was brilliant! If only I could buy more items! how I wish i lived in tokyo at that moment! After wandering around the shops I noticed several girls dressed as maids handing out leaflets which showed the location of their maid cafe but since it was late and I needed to leave early tommorow I did not go. BUT I WILL GO TO A MAID CAFE BEFORE I LEAVE JAPAN! I must experience what it is like.

Tokyo to Narita - The typoon was closing in on tokyo and so it began to rain heavily but the jounery was not long and I made it tot eh hotel quickly.


Narita to Mito - I thought the typon might pass overnight but it did not and I ended up have to cycle through it. Compared to the previous day their was little rain but the wind had picked up alot and made it difficult to cycle. A truck driver later in the day stopped in front of me and offered me a lift to Mito since he was worried about the wind from the typoon and whevere or nto I would be okay. But I had my pride and refused which made laugh and he encouraged me to continue and left. Then 2km from were I frist met him he appeared again and gave me a "present" which was a bag full of ion drinks an food. He told me to "FIGHT" and then left again. Thank you truck driver!

I Mito to Utsunomiya - Typoon ad niow passed which made cycling easier and alllowed me to get the Utsunomiya quickly.

Utsunomiya to Nikko - My legs were  almost dead today and it took twice aslong to get to nikko than it should which lowered the amount of time I could spent visiting the temples in nikko.

No comments:

Post a Comment